I was visiting a friend and her commune to let them benefit from my infinite wisdom - thankful victims of my corniest pamphlets. Three nice, friendly girls with particularly too much energy. They ´re living in a real nice flat. I mean, exactly what you have in mind when you think about the word “living commune”: high rooms, old floorboard, 70s wallpapers (!!!) and furniture that turns me envious. Oh! And a “digital” boiler – means that there was either cold or cooking water, so my skin´s colour could switch from blue to red. They told me to feel like home - and I did, except of cleaning the dishes...
I had some strange feeling ´bout the whole town knew that I was visiting. Next time I want ticker-tape parades and maybe receiving a welcome by the mayor. I was shocked about the kind people there, maybe it´s because they are all SozPäds or treehuggers or it is because its wine land – don´t know. The only normal one (means studying economics) sings Turkish folk songs while taking showers – what a sick place.
After half a year of grey and cold weather we spent the next days wandering through vineyards or alongside twinkling rivers. In these moments I realized how much I missed the sun in the past months.
Oh, oh, oh! Wednesday she showed me the local campus. I went to the campus café ordered a double-espresso, read something, ordered another one, did some phone calls and dared to order a third one in thirty minutes. The waitress girl revolted: “Dann hast du aber 6 Espresso getrunken!” I just answered: „Nein, nur 3 doppelte.“ I better concealed my 4 breakfast espresso. It´s a wimp region with no coffee culture at all. I always had to justify my consumption. After that episode we “wandered” to a castle called “Stolzenfels” – oh oh, museums and castles come after me!!! I was eager on learning something about how tight clothes form female bodies. No! It´s not an obscure theory! It´s the truth!!!
In the evening we went to this party, the whole town seemed to be there. It was mysterious. Everywhere else they would have smacked my ass up for annoying people or how I behaved at the bar… but there: “Oh, Ich glaub Du warst vor mir dran. Bestell Du erstmal!” What a sick place. No good music at all, so I was bored pretty soon. Later we ended up watching “Persepolis”. It´s the next “Deadman”, due to I´ve seen it several times but NEVER complete.
The very next day we went on a road trip. The girl’s type - meaning better music, and no beer for the driver. First we visited Trier (Porta Nigra, cheap coffee), there I lost my girls two times in a row – and nobody had a mobile. In the afternoon we travelled to Luxembourg. Refreshing my French-skills. It´s a tiny little country full of banks and EU administration. We had coffee right next to the parliament, where the whole Luxembourg defense forces (the other one was on vacation) stood in front. They use Steyr AUG automatic rifles, and it´s magazine got stuck in his belt all the time. There live many Portuguese in this country, I still don´t know why. They (the ladies, not the Portuguese) forced me to discover the local shoe-and fashion market. I obeyed.
In the evening we attended the nightlife in this particular area between the two rivers. First, we went in a tavern – it was soooooo 70s! Woven wall “papers”, disco-floor, dark green flagging and no guests. The only unfriendly people in this town… Smoking prohibition is no matter down here. In the end we went to a place called “Pudel Lounge” (pretty gay name for a straight place with such a hot red-haired waitress – O-Ton: “Die bestangezogenste Frau in K.”). A place where we already had coffee some days ago. I felt comfortable. But when I wanted a cocktail – the bartender was only willing to give me a beer – what a prick…
sry - ist halt nicht alles häppie-kläppie
When I arrived in L.E. at Friday evening it was already summer.
The next days in DD I got pampered – they had to. The birthday-party must have been great. They told me that they ´ve arranged all the cushions around me, to prevent me from falling off the couch. Why cushions and a blanket? And why nobody put off my jacket?
The day after, new semester began. Back in the Seminargebäude! As ugly as before, but with a chapel for more than 7 million Euro – oh yeah, that’s far more important than spending it on seven professor´s posts over a decade…
Oh, and Mona now has a piercing ;)
Die Tulpen heißen hier Narzissen...
No comments:
Post a Comment